Things I have done today:
1. Tostada con Mantequilla & Jamón York. My favorite food at my favorite café, with my favorite waiters in the world – Domingo, Castro, and Richard. Since we see these boys every morning in between classes, we’ve all become pretty close.
2. Penicillin shot in my hip. That’s apparently how the doctor told me to fix my tonsillitis. Can I please just get some DayQuill around here?
3. Tossed 1 cent Euros into the Plaza de España fountain. I made a wish, but it was hard thinking of whatever else I could want in my life right now.
4. Walked through darting school children in Plaza de España. This plaza is one of my favorite places in the city. One day, I plan to go in the romantic little boats that float around its huge exposition building.
5. Made a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. I then bought chips and grabbed some Reese’s Pieces I had stashed away… It was time for my good Italian friend, Marcelo, to have his first American meal. He had never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I couldn’t let this go on any further… and he loved the delicacy.
6. Met my intercambio for bebidas and tapas. Yum!!
7. Visited the “Cetas”. These mushroom-like structures make the largest wooden structure in the world, right here in Sevilla. From the top you can see the entire city – and we had a special treat as the sun set and the moon rose. From below, you can see ancient Roman ruins that were here before the city was built. This is definitely also one of my favorite places in the city.
And tonight… any suggestions? The city is slowly preparing for its favorite night of the week – Friday. I know it won’t let any of us down.